Saturday, October 7, 2017

Day 7: Farm markets, Haunted House, Hocus Pocus and Horror Rap

Today my wife, my daughter and I went to Gro-Moore Farms to pick out a pumpkin.  It was a pleasant experience.  They had several activities that you could do for additional money.





We enjoyed petting the donkey and pony.








Also, I started listening to a clever little podcast known as Welcome to Night Vale.

It's a news broadcast from a fictional town where there are many many strange goings on.

Here's the first episode



Ok, so now that we're done exploring seasonal aural pleasure, let's return to the visual feast that is the usual subject matter of this blog.



Tonight we went to a haunted house in the mall called Dark Matter Scream Works.

It was delightfully spooky and got my blood pumping.  I even screamed twice.



This one star review from Google places does more justice to it than I can.

Marena Casselman
a year ago
The staff at the 2015 Dark Matter Scream Works was the most unprofessional I have ever seen. Apparently the rule on touch did not apply to them as the actor who was supposed to be a little girl from a mental hospital crab walks out of under the desk and feels my friends leg. We then move on to this foggy hallway as a man jumps out as us. My friends and I have are arm hooked with each other.. A man jumps out with fake knifes attached to his fingers. My other 2 friends fall. He corners them and gets close enough that his knifes skim my friends face and leaves a mark. I get that he is supposed to scare you but not get close enough to leave marks. I yell to distract him to me so my friends can get up he comes towards me as I dodge him. We thought we could do it but it was to much. Online it said that if we needed to leave we could ask them and they would show us out. But instead he goes back into his hiding place comes out WITH A SHOVEL. And starts screaming and swinging it at us. We yell at scream as we ask for a way out he just makes his way out from behind the curtain. And doesn't come out. We scream for help and an exit. It was only till about 3 minutes of screaming my friend pulls out her phone and threatens to call the cops if they didn't let us out. Only then the creepy little girl comes out and says right this way in her creepy little girl voice. We couldn't tell if she was serious but we had nothing else we follow her she leads us to the entrance she kept saying scaredy-cats as we walked out she laughed creepily.
The employee at the entrance said "awe some scaredy cats" running out to my moms car. We get into and my friend immediately starts crying. No sobbing. My mom gets out and holds her while she sobs . What happened in there was not okay it took a threat of the police to be let out having my friends be touched. They broke rules and violated my space. I don't care if you all think that we were just over reacting. They broke there own rules and was the worst experience ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Finally, toinght's 31 Days of Halloween film festival screening is campy AF family friendly Disney Halloween standard Hocus Pocus (1993).



I actually first saw this film last year around Halloween time at the urging of my wife and it was her choice to include it on the list this year.  It's not a great film.  Very "family movie night" type film. Bette Midler sucks as she usually does in every film she's in and Sarah Michelle Geller is even worse than she usually is.  Apparently it's a tradition for some so I guess I'm ok suffering though it for tradition sake.



Also, I suppose it's appropriate since we just went on our Honeymoon in Salem, MA.



Of course, if you want Halloween family entertainment that is actually watchable for adults I'd give R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour (2012-2014) or Are You Afraid of the Dark (1990-2000) a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment